Use this broad-spectrum insecticide to control a huge variety of pests in the most economical way. It gives continued protection against malaria mosquitoes for up to 9months. A single application of Icon 10WG will keep you and your loved ones protected against biting pests throughout the year. It is eco-friendly, easy to apply, and only a small dosage is needed for effective protection results.
Icon 10WG is a broad-spectrum insecticide used as an indoor residual spray to control an extensive variety of pests including roaches, mosquitoes, flies, spiders, ticks, scorpions, ants, and fleas.
Mode of Action
Lambda-cyhalothrin remains unbroken and protected from environmental factors when sprayed on infested surfaces. This protection within the microcapsules ensures a continued residual effect, especially on tough porous layers like mud and cement. When insects walk on sprayed areas, the capsules adhere to their bodies. It quickly penetrates their bodies through the cuticle, causing insect paralysis and instant death.
A single capsule is enough to exterminate a single mosquito whereas an application at the rate of 50mg ai/2square meters leaves each one square meter surface covered with over 2.7 million capsules.
Icon 10WG Features and Specifications
- It is availed as a unit dosage (pump charge) to encourage precise dosing.
- Simple to prepare, pour and rinse granular formulation.
- Has a minimal odor when applied.
- It does not stain treated surfaces.
- Light for easy transportation and storage.
The Correct Application Rate of Icon 10WG
- Dilute 31.5g of icon10WG into 4-5 liters of water.
- World Health Organization recommends a rate of 40-60mg for every 2square meters.
Note: You must never mix Icon 10WG with oil.
How to use Icon 10WG correctly?
- Keenly follow each guideline on its labeling.
- For safety reasons, Icon 10WG shall only be handled by trained personnel.
- Partially fill a clean tank with some required amount of water. Carefully open the Icon 10WG and pour its content into the tank.
- Add the remaining amount of water into the tank, close, and mix thoroughly.
- Identify the infested areas and apply the ready treatment using a suitable nozzle type at the recommended rate.
- Continually agitate the treatment while treating to facilitate a homogenous mixture of the contents.
What are the Benefits of Using Icon 10WG for Malaria Control?
- It is effectively evaluated and recommended as an indoor residual spray in the control of malaria and for successful mosquito control by WHOPES.
- It gives continued residual protection against mosquitoes for more than 9months.
- It is a cost-effective method of mosquito control and its’ efficiency against other household pests has been proven.
- It is safe for indoor spraying and domestic use.
- Only a small dosage is required to give a fast mosquito knock-down effect and extermination.
Why Should I Use Icon 10WG to Control Common Household Pests?
- It is a strong insecticide against malaria mosquitoes and other household invaders.
- A broad-spectrum insecticide that is strongly efficient against an extensive variety of insects.
- It is easy to tear open, prepare, and treat.
- Provides long-residual protection effects for up to 9months.
- Highly recommended for use by the WHO.
- A cost-effective method of pest control.
- A single application is adequate to provide effective protection against malaria mosquitoes for 12 months.
- Only a small dosage rate is necessary for efficient control results
Icon 10wg is eco-friendly and has excellent toxicity. Its’ encapsulated nature gives it an even safer profile and it is classified in the Class 3-WHO hazard category. Therefore, it is very unlikely to expose its’ users to any potential danger/injury when applied as guided.
In case of contact with the skin or eye, rinse thoroughly with running water. Note that minimal skin or eye irritation may be felt.