Emerald 200SC is a particularly efficient systemic foliar insecticide. It is effective in the control of sucking insects in an extensive variety of agricultural crops. Emerald 200SC can also be used as a termiticide to give effective termite control results in construction and fruit trees.
Mode of Action
Imidacloprid is effective through both contact and stomach poison action. It interferes with the insects’ nicotinergic neuronal pathways by hindering the normal transmission of stimuli in its central nervous system. Consequently stopping the transfer of nerve impulses within the insects’ body causing its’ paralysis and ultimate death.
The Correct Application Rate of Emerald 200SC
- To treat the crops listed below, prepare the foliar spray at the rate of 0.5-0.75ml of emerald 200SC in each 1ltr of water and spray each 1Ha of the crop area. Treat at the first sight of insect infestation as a full cover spray at intervals of 7-10days.
Note: Do not exceed 3 applications
- French beans
- Runner beans
- To treat termites on wood in construction structures, prepare 3ml of emerald in 0.5Ltrs of water. Spray the treatment on the construction wood and to the adjacent soil thoroughly.
- To treat termites on fruit trees, prepare 1ml of emerald in 0.5Ltrs of water and drench the solution at the base of the fruit trees followed by adequate irrigation water.
This insecticide should be applied on the first sight of an insect infestation on crops. Repeat as needed and ensure constant scouting for the most effective control results.
How to Prepare a Spray Mixture
Fill a clean spray tank with at least half of the needed amount of water. Put in the measured amount of emerald 200SC and add water to the recommended level. Stir to mix thoroughly and apply the treatment on the same day of preparation.
Emerald 200SC is harmonious with the most common pesticides and liquid fertilizers. We however recommend a compatibility test is done before treating large areas or mixing commercial quantities.
When used as guided, this product is non-phytotoxic.
Treated places should be avoided until after 12hours. Personal protective clothing must be worn should there be need to enter the area before then.
PHI: Tomatoes, capsicum- 7days
Brassicas, beans- 4days
What are the Benefits of Using Emerald 200SC?
- It is a broad-spectrum insecticide offering protection against an extensive variety of insects.
- Small amounts of emerald 200SC are required to give highly efficient results.
- It has a fast insect knock-down
- It has a special SL formulation that makes it easy and safe to handle.
- It continues to protect treated areas for up to 21 days after treatment.