An insecticide used for foliar and soil treatment. It is highly effective in controlling a broad range of harmful soil pests and destructive sucking and chewing insects.
Imidacloprid Mode of Action
It kills pests by blocking and hindering nerve activities in their central nervous system.
- It is a systemic insecticide that kills insects by tampering with their peripheral and central nervous system.
- It can be applied as a soil or tree injection, treatment on the plants’ skin, broadcast foliar, or a ground treatment as a liquid formulation.
- When applied to plants, the plants’ roots systematically take it up and translocate it to the rest of the plant through the xylem tissues.
Features and Specifications
- When used as a spray, it proves slightly more efficient and faster than when applied in watering.
- Unlike other contact insecticides, Confidor can be sprayed without necessarily targeting the undersides of the leaves.
Confidor WG 70 Application Rates
- When applying confidor as a spray, conveniently mix 0.4ml of confidor in 1 liter of water, and treat once per week until the pest problem is eliminated
- When used as an irrigation treatment, 0.4ml of confidor is mixed in 1 liter of water, and the treatment is applied every 5-6 days.
Note: For safety measures spraying should be done for two to three weeks while irrigation should be done for three to four weeks. Do not apply the treatment towards the end of the flowering period.
- Red beetle
- Mealybugs, among other leaf piercers
Importance of Using Confidor WG 70
- Treating the soil with confidor WG 70 is the most effective way of controlling a huge range of sucking pests.
- It is registered for the treatment and control of various aphids, scale insects, Silverleaf, whitefly, leafminers, thrips, mealybugs, and whiteflies.
- It stops the feeding of larvae, thus resulting in increased crop yields.
Confidor WG 70 is the best systemic soil and foliar treatment that has been designed to eliminate all chewing, sucking, and harmful soil pests. It is used to protect crops such as marijuana, coffee, palm trees, ornamental plants, vegetables, sugarcane, and tobacco, among many others. It is ideal for use when farmers run a bit late to use a preventive ecological product.