This dust insecticide is highly efficient in controlling a broad range of storage pests in grains and cereals. Use this insecticide to treat recently harvested grains before you can store them. It has a long residual effect that continues to protect your grains for up to 6 months. Only a small rate will be required to effectively protect massive amounts of grains without staining them or interfering with their taste.
A broad-spectrum dust insecticide that is highly effective in controlling storage pests in grains and cereals. It also controls Larger grain borers.
Mode of Action
Actellic super dust works through stomach and contact action against the target pests. It also has strong fumigant properties.
Pirimiphos–methyl has a fumigant action that is highly effective in controlling weevils and other pests.
Permethrin on the other hand has a contact and stomach action that is highly efficient in controlling larger grain borers.
- Both larger and lesser grain borers
- Bean beetles
- Grain weevils
- Angoumois grain moth
Where to Apply Actellic Super Dust?
The Correct Application Rate of Actellic Super Dust
Use Actellic Super Dust to treat recently harvested grains before being stored. Use every 25g of the insecticide to each 45kg of grains and ensure to mix thoroughly for adequate spread. Ensure the grains to be treated are dried to at least a seed moisture of below 14% for the best results. Thoroughly clean all storage areas to remove smug and leave to dry completely before storing the treated grains inside.
Benefits of Using Actellic Super Dust
- It has a long residual effect and continues to protect treated grains for a period of up to 6months.
- It does not stain or interfere with the taste of the treated grains.
- Only minimal rates of actellic super dust are required for efficient protection results.
- Has low toxicity thus treated grains are safe for human consumption.
- It is a broad-spectrum insecticide that protects grains from a wide range of pests, including grain mites, larger grain borers, and dermestes beetles that destroy hides and skins.