GOVERNOR 580 SE
Governor 580SE is a herbicide used for pre-emergence and early post-emergence, it’s effective in controlling annual broadleaf weeds and grasses in maize plantations and non-cropped places.
Contains Acetochlor 340 g/L + Mesotrione 40 g/L + Atrazine 200 g/L
Apply 12.5 ml per litre of water in both maize fields and in the non-cropped areas.
Mode of Action
- Acetochlor is taken up mainly by the shoots and secondarily by the roots of germinating plants.
- Mesotrione is absorbed up by foliar and roots, with both acropetal and basipetal translocation.
- Atrazine is translocated acropetally in the xylem and accumulated in the apical meristems and leaves.
Available in 1 L, 5 L, and 20 L packages.
Preparation and spraying of Governor 580 SE
- In a knapsack sprayer, put half the required amount of water, add the required amount of Governor 580SE then fill the water to the required level and mix thoroughly. Always use the mixture on the same day.
- Apply the mixture directly to the weeds covering the whole foliar surface.
- Ensure to apply Governor 580 SE before the crops emerge or at the latest stage of crop growth.
- Recommended not to spray when crops are under harsh conditions like drought and flooding or covered with soil and much dust.
Benefits of using Governor 580 SE
- Effective in controlling broadleaf weeds and grasses.
- Can be used in both pre-emergence and post-emergence situations.
- Governor 580 is easy to get in the market, mix and handle.
- When properly used, Governor kills weeds and grasses before they compete with the crops for nutrients.
- Effective in rotational crops like millet.
- Can be used on all kinds of maize and soil.
- Highly systematic and selective herbicide.
- 60 days in maize
PREPARATION OF SPRAY MIXTURE: Half fill the spray tank (knapsack sprayer) with water. Add the required amount of GOVERNOR 580SE then fill the water to the required level and mix or agitate thoroughly to uniformity. Ensure that the mixture is used the same day.
- It is safe to enter the sprayed area after the pesticide spray has dried after 24 hours. If entry is necessary, wear protective clothing.